Monday, December 5, 2011

Corey Hunt

Reading Secrets Formula is: #1 Remove Distractions + #2 Adjust your Pace + #3 Set Aside Time to Read = Total Success

Throughout high school, I wasn’t a big fan of reading and studying. But now in college, you are expected to reading and study every day to understand the key ideas. On average every night, I spent around three hours studying and reading. And in high school, I would spend around an hour every night reading and studying. Now I know I enjoy reading, because this course helped me create new studying games and activities. Over the next eight semesters or more, I will be studying Animal Science and transferring up to University Park. Therefore I will have to be up to date on agricultural studies about livestock. While studying animal science, I cannot procrastinate and put off papers or projects. I will use the five reading secrets to be successful in college and in my profession.

The number one aspect that I give to future student at Penn State York is that you must use your time wisely. Between studying, working, and having fun, you must use appropriate time management to become successful. With not being able to juggle my time management, I created a schedule to help me balance my stressful and active schedule.

After getting a sixty-five on one of my first tests in biology, I decided to make notecards to help me understand the information for the next exam. You may also use highlighter, games, and create study guides to review to tests, quizzes, and exams. While studying, you should use your textbooks, notes, and/or handouts. One important rule is to not cram before the exam. You will not learn all the material in time for the exam. Another helpful aspect about college is that they have free tutors. The tutors will meet you either once or twice a week to help you learn the material.

When I use to do my homework, I would watch TV or have my phone right beside me. With my phone not beside me and the TV off, I improved my scored a lot, and my homework increased. If you remove distractions around you, your grades and scores will improve drastically.

After taking this course and learning about the reading secret formula, I am now a better reader, studier, and overall student.

1 comment:

  1. Notecard, highlighter, reviews all helped me also!! Kelsey Poe

    ReplyDelete