Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Joselyne Vivar

As I progress through my educational career, I will hopefully become a successful doctor. I know that I will have a lot of reading, and studying to do. As I become a practicing doctor, there will be hands on activities. In a way that matches my style of learning, kinesthetic and visual.

In high school, I was a good student but I had to take a literacy class similar like LLED. I've had similar courses over the years, but it has never really helped much. When I came into this class I thought it was going to be like the other reading classes I've had. I was wrong. LLED has helped me a lot by understanding and gaining knowledge about literacy. I have assimilated and accommodate new information into my existing schema. The way this course was taught, it has helped me view reading in a different perspective. Since I'm a visual and kinesthetic learner, this class has been helpful because we've done a lot motions and tried different strategies. I came into this class not having a positive view on the way I read but that has changed. I am actually beginning to love reading. Now every time I read, I will apply the strategies we learned in class.

During this semester, I have done extremely well with my academics. First of all, I always try to create a quite environment because that's how I focus. I have become successful because I've read and studied by flirting, driving, and relaxing. I've also asked for help with subjects I don't understand. Another technique that I've used is trying to relate to the information to make it meaningful and applying it. In addition, I stop when I'm confused because if I proceed I will not understand the topic. These steps have helped me achieve my goals.

I won't forget this class because it has changed me in a positive way!

2 comments:

  1. Joselyn, you will make a brilliant doctor! You set high expectations for everything you do and your smiles always conveys the message, "Everything will be alright." Doing motions seems strange but they really help your brain pay attention and remember. I know you will help many families return to health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This class is very useful. I like how the course is teaching new strategies and techniques to understand new information. I'm sure following the tips provided by this class, you will be a successful doctor.

    ReplyDelete