Monday, December 5, 2011

Savion Kirkland

I had made many changes throughout my first semester of college, thanks to the strategies I learned in my LLED class. These strategies helped me accomplish all the goals I needed in order to pass the semester with a high grade point average. The strategies I think that helped me the most was the flirt and reading secrets strategies. After taking an LLED class I was able to manage my time a lot better, put more effort into my school work, put more effort into studying, and understand what I was studying. Each of these of strategies played a great role in helping me reach my goal such as the flirt strategy.

The flirt strategy gave me a better understanding of what was being studied. Instead of just being stuck while studying, I learned how to flirt with the text to get a better understanding. I think the flirt strategy is most important because, how can you understand something without analyzing the data first. I never knew that something that I was so good at in high school will get me by in college. The flirt strategy is a good way to understand what’s being learned such as the reading secret strategy.

The reading secret strategy helped get by my first semester as well. I learned how to Remove all distractions, set a purpose, adjust my pace, take notes, stop when I’m confused and set aside time to read; now I’m able to focus on my work and get the job done. These strategies will help me in the future with my career and to reach that goal.

When I grow up I want to be a vet. In order to become a vet I would need to take a hell of a lot of math’s and sciences. In order to understand math and science I would need to know how to flirt and adjust myself to the work. In LLED class, I was taught those strategies. LLED not only changed me as a person, but changed me as a student as well.

3 comments:

  1. Katherine Lewis

    I feel you. It deffinitally has helped us form our foundation into college in our first semester. we just have to keep on keeping on by continueing our newly learned strategys next semester and long turn future!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Savion, the six reading secrets and the flirting phrase was the most helpful for me too. I will still try to use the drive and relax phrase as well and other strageties. Follow your dream, I know you'll become a great vet!

    Joselyne Vivar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree with what Savion said. This class has given me new techniques that has helped me in all of my classes. And its not just things that you can you in the classroom, it can go beyond that. This class has been such a help, and im glad i took it.

    Sabrina Butts

    ReplyDelete