Monday, December 5, 2011

Nicole Gerber

Reading Secret formula is #1 Remove Distractions + #2 Take Notes + #6 Set Aside Time to Read = Success

I was never that big into reading, I always thought it was boring and could never stay focused. I always found excuses to keep me from sitting down
with a textbook. I realized that reading and studying is not that bad, this class helped me realize that. I always wanted to teach little kids, that's why i'm majoring in Early Childhood Education. Therefore, I will have to read all the e-mails from the students parents and the teachers. I will also have to look at newsletters on a day to day basis to keep up with information and important things going on in the school. You have to do a lot to become a teacher, so I have to make sure I remove all distractions and not wait to the last minute to do the work.

Time management was an issue for me. There were times where I waited to do my work till the last minute which made me stress and worry that I did't
get all the information I needed. I fixed this by keeping organized and writing down when things were due also by making sure I set aside time to do the work.

When it came to homework and/or just reading I could never stay focused. I never got interested in what I was reading and I always just read the text but never spent time to really understand what was going on which made me forget easily. I finally decided I should take notes and write down main ideas in the book. I also seemed to get distracted when it came to doing homework or reading. I always looked at my phone, had the tv on and music playing. I came to realize that it took me a lot longer to get things done and to actually stay focused. For me to get things done, I had to remove all my distractions. Once I removed distractions I notice I could remember a lot more.

If I started having the same issues next semester like time management, distractions and not staying focused, I will probably stop and think about the problems I had last semester and times where I was stressed out. Taking this class helped me manage my schoolwork and made studying a lot easier.

1 comment:

  1. I was the same way with reading i hated it some much i try everything i could to get out of reading. But the skills that are helping yourself will make you become a great Teacher.

    ReplyDelete