Monday, December 5, 2011

Zimou Xu

My reading secret formula is: #1 Remove Distractions + #4 Take Notes + #6 Set Time To Read = Success

I am different from local students in US, I am an International student that I need to pay more effort into study, especially reading. When I was a High School student, I don't like reading English books, newspapers and magazines. I spent a lot of time reading one simple and short English article, I feel bored during reading. My career goal is to be a manager, a business man, in China. I should read the topics based on leadership, management, career success and National News. The reason why I study abroad and read National News is to help me to be successful by connecting with global. Wherever I live in or study, I think reading is the most important thing for every one. I should absorb new knowledge and compare with old one by using efficient strategies: remove distractions, take notes and set time to read. Now I use these 3 main steps to do in my college study, and I really do better in college texts and quizzes. In the future, I am sure I must be a successful college student if I persist to use the strategies.

Removing distractions is the first and important step for me to read and study. I need a quiet environment to read and study by focusing on my texts. This time I leave away from my phones, mp3, TV and facebook. Sometimes I study in the library and cafe, so I can enjoy myself in reading. Because I can concentrate on articles, I can remember more and for a longer time.

Taking notes is also a huge part for me to get a high grade. In the class, I take notes during teaching and reading. After class, I can review the core information what I have taken notes, and it's more easier for me to know what teachers want me to possess and learn. For class quizzes and tests, I just read my notes instead of reading the whole chapter in the book. It saves time and is more efficient and useful for sustainable study.

The last one is setting time to read, it's preparation and time management. I prefer to study in the early morning, because scientists sign out that people can learn more in the morning than any other time of one day. Morning is quiet, morning is peace, and morning is comfortable. Morning is my best choice to study and read with lots of important texts.

As a result, I get all high grades on subjects. From the beginning of the semester, I always failed in quizzes and spent much wasting time on doing homework. Now I read books by highlighting, using flirt, drive, and relax phrases and summarizing. Next semester, I think I can do well as this semester, and even more is I can have more free time to have fun. The more I practice, the better I can achieve. When I am used to way I read through strategies, I can get to the summit.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work next semester and remember to flirt,drive, and relax.
    Jordan Strine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew that its better to study and read in the morning! I think im going to do that more often! Ill always have this quote in my head "Morning is quiet, morning is peace, and morning is comfortable." Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete