Monday, December 5, 2011

Abdulaziz Gafar

Reading secret formula is: #1 Remove Distractions = Success

When I was in high school I wasn't really into reading because I liked playing soccer rather than spending many hours reading textbooks. Now after I become a mature college student there is lots of reading required to my major.

My immediate goal is to obtain a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering. A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering will provide the opportunity for me to take many courses which will prepare me for the engineering challenges of the work force. To be more successful, engineering must have to be strong in math and be familiar with numbers.

Being fond of soccer effects on my grades because I use to all my reading work with the TV on. In my first month of my freshmen year In Penn State, I had an event that caused me change. This event was that in my English class i had "C" , and after I set a purpose, take notes and remove all distractions that's around me, my grade turned to an "A".

For me I found that the best way to be successful is to be an organized student by having a radical routine and use the time wisely. Also I spent extra time to read, and I underline the things that I don't understand.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I agree with that remove distractions is the most important way before reading. One good beginning is half of success.

    Zimou Xu

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting and I can relate to it a lot even though I don't want to be an engineer as you do but the thought of removing distractions and setting a purpose for myself made it easier to understand things. As well as boosting my grades up to a better one. The reading secrets helped me as well and I believe i will use it for now on with every class I have.
    Sarah F

    ReplyDelete