Wednesday, December 7, 2011

MyKeira Alwine

I want to be a social worker. I want to help children who don't have the best support from family and friends. Therefore I will have to read the way people think, take psychology classes to learn the different ways the mind works. As a result I will need to learn to set aside time to read. I am always saying I will do something and wait until the last minute to do it. Sometimes I forget about what I need to do and don't realize it until I get to class. To guarantee future success I will make sure to work on my time management.

The event that caused me to change was when my mother got laid off. I relied on her to provide for me and she paid for my daughters daycare. At this time I was unable to support myself. I really had to step up and start taking life serious. At first it was frustrating I felt as though I couldn't handle it anymore but family supported me. My aunt helped me with the expenses that I needed. With all this I still struggle with time management.

In order to make changes to my life I had to start off by removing distractions. I had to set priorities and realize what was important. I have learned that asking for help doesn't make you less of a person. It helps build your intelligence and means that you’re willing to learn new things. The most important thing I have learned this semester is drawing pictures of each section you read helps you to find important information faster without re-reading what you already read.

The way I handled the situation this time was very mature many teenage parents would have given up a long time ago. This situation has taught me that life throws you things and sometimes we believe it’s too much to handle but with the love and support from our families we become strong and can face any obstacle. If this situation would happen again this semester I think I could have prioritized a little better and maybe found more time to organize my time. The Most important thing I would change is setting aside time for relaxing.

Thanx to you Mrs. Wise I am able to find studying so much easier ! :) I appreciate you taking the time to work with the class and sharing your READING SECRETS ! <3

2 comments:

  1. Mykeira, I can't imagine going to school with a young daughter. Yet you made it look easy. I looked forward to your smile and positive energy every day. Since you have learned how to manage your time within the first semester, the rest of your years in school will be much easier. I know you will be a blessing to many families and children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will be good at being a soical worker because you have great people skills , and a young pretty daughter that will follow right after because you sent very good exmaple for her ! :)

    ReplyDelete