Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Kris Curry-Davis

In high school i tried my best to read, but i failed to do so almost every time. I would stay on one page trying to read a boring topic or story and would eventually read on without understanding. Reading would also make me drowsy, and every time i read i would fall asleep. Reading all together was just something i hated all together. I would rather study, do classwork, or take a test but never read. When i got in college i realized that i was going to need to read more than anything, because if you can read and fully comprehend something then it wont be that hard to get through college

Me not having a major, the only career goal i have is to graduate college. Graduating college will take a lot of reading such as reading novels, textbooks, and articles. Thanks too reading secrets, i now have tools to help me conquer reading each and every time. In order to do this i need to read as often as possible, regardless of what class it is; college will most likely teach this to anyone. The reading tools i use every time i read are removing distractions, and stopping when confused. The best way to pay attention is to remove distractions. You cant control what your mind pays attention too, but you can help by removing distractions and paying attention longer. Everyone has trouble reading, it's what you do when you're confused that matters. When having reading difficulties don't increase the speed of your reading and ignore the problem. Slow your reading pace and identify the problem. Mature readers are able to match the type of confusion with the appropriate strategy needed to repair comprehension.

My grades showed that my reading tools were really helping me; my grades were increasing. Most of my classes delt heavily with reading assignments, whether it was LL-ED, english, french history, or HD-FS. When i had free time, i would read textbooks in order to get ahead of the game, and have a better understanding of what my teachers were explaining. This was easy because reading becme easy, relaxing, and sometimes fun; i wouldnt just push it off, or just rush through it getting nothing out of it.

In high school i was lazy when it came to reading. Most of the time i would just ask one of my friends for the homework if it was a rassignment. Lucky for me, i learned those important tools of reading when i got to to college, to develop myself into a good student, stopping when im confused, removing distractions, and setting aside time to read. Since i dont have a major, or a serious career goal, i search for one every single day. Every career i look at deals heavily with reading, so reading is not only extremely important with school, but its extremely important with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment