Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ja'Viel Snellings

As a student in high school o had a very hard time with, removing my distractions and reading. When I would read books in class or at home I would forget what I would read. And I always hated to read out loud to the class; because I would always tend to mess up. Also never use to read the chapters that I was supposed to because I would always thought I could get away with it until I came to college I had to find out the hard way when I had to read chapter one for English and it was homework, and I didn’t do it and it came back to haunt me the next time I had that class. So I wish now that I would of taken care of my reading problem in high school when I had the chance.

My career goal after college is to become a forensic pathologist. As A forensic pathologist I would have to read a lot of law books and take a lot of notes while reading, to shorting words. In LLED I learn a lot of different techniques such as, taking notes, breaks while reading, remove distractions, and highlighters and these skills helped me out a lot while reading. Since I been in LLED class it helped me out a lot and gave me a better outcome on reading. Also I realize that when reading every day and breaking the book down can help me understand it more. When I remove distraction so that I can focus on my work it helps me understand the text better and also make better connections and I can get the job done right. I really don't have a great memory so when I take important notes of what I read I can just look back on what I took notes on and I understand the text in a different way. But in reading the easy thing to do is to highlight words that you don't understand because they could mean something that you know but it’s just a bigger word. So always use your techniques when reading because you will understand better.

When I started to use my strategies that I learn from LLED, I notice that my test grades had made a better change. My studying habits had become easier for myself and learning how to break the text down while reading became easier. Another thing when reading while studying words that I didn't understand and thought they would be on my test I would look them up. Now I understand how to study better and enjoy the text while reading it, and I like to read and don't forget what I read.

As A result of using the reading secret formulas, I can now understand everything about reading and how important it may be. Therefore I use my techniques that help me the most and get threw my reading and studying. And it seem less stressful when a teacher says “Don’t Forget to study for your quiz" because I use my techniques and I follow right threw them without a problem. So I now can say thanks to Reading Secrets I am now on a roll too succeed in Reading and it’s more understandable.

1 comment:

  1. I always find myself forgetting what I have already read, and then you have to go back to where you started, that defeats the purpose of reading it at all. But now that I know to remove my distractions & set aside time to read I am a much better reader.

    ReplyDelete