Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Josh Fry

Reading secret formula is: #1 Remove Distractions + #2 Take Notes + #6 Set Aside Time to Read = Success.

When I graduate I want to be a civil engineer and hope to have a job right after I graduate. I have never really like reading but did it because it was required and I would fail the class if I didn’t. Now that I’m in college there’s even more reading. I needed some help or I was in trouble. That’s why I took LLED because my advisor told me it would help me adjust to college workloads and all the required texts. Let me just say I’m glad I did because if I didn’t I wouldn’t have nearly the grades I have right now. My reading secrets I use would be remove distractions, take notes, and set aside time to read. I have found these bring the most success on a daily basis. As an engineer my classes are only going to get harder and harder as the year’s progress and if I want to continue success I will have to continue to use these reading secrets and get plenty of sleep. One event that caused me to change my school habits would be a paper I had to do for English 15. I waited till the last minute and when I got it back I got a 60%. I was shocked because I had always done well in English. I knew something had to change so I started to follow and try what I was learning in LLED. We could make revisions and turn the paper back in for another grade the next week. I started ahead of time and when I got the paper back I got a 92%. I was surprised how well the strategies I learned had worked. I knew I needed to use these strategies from now on to continue my success and I still use them today to great success. I learned that when I used these strategies my grades increased quiet dramatically. These strategies also have motivated me to try and get higher grades then before and do the best I possibly can. If I run in to a situation like this next semester I will make sure to stop and look at what I’m doing wrong. After learning these reading secrets I now know to take action swiftly when an event like the one I had occurred to prevent it from happening again. Thanks to reading secrets I now have more free time then I’ve ever had before.



4 comments:

  1. i did the same thing i had gotten a bad grade so i did what i was taught in lled and it helped a lot.

    shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh yes, English 15! I have had that happen to me to. It is great that you are making connections from class to class and using strategies that help you be the best you can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. get it boy!!! i have watched you from the start and seen you becaome into a mature student brings tears in my eyes. keep up the good work. yeah buddy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I'm reading this I imagined my self, because I was going through the same thing! keep it up and don't procrastinate it's not good. I'm glad reading secrets has help just remember to use the secret formulas always it will help you in everything :)!
    Jymlise De Armas!

    ReplyDelete