Monday, December 5, 2011

Austin Keller

For my future career i want to be a farmer or something in agriculture. The types of reading that would be involved with this career might include the newspaper, emails, and directions for numerous things. As a result, I will need to highlight the important steps in the directions and definately draw pictures on most of everything I read because im a visual learner. My future college goals are to graduate with a degree in agriculture and do it with good grades. This will mean using everything I know to study. An event that has made me realize i needed to change in college was the first test that i took. I winged it just like I did in high school and failed it! Failing the test definately stressed me out and made me realize college is not a joke like high school was. Since then i have created a good study habit for tests and read the assigned homework. I have not gotten an A on every test, but i have only failed one test. I like to review my notes and anything to help me study everyday instead of two days before the test. Next semester i will be studying from day one. I have a good idea on how college is, and im ready to succeed in my college future.

5 comments:

  1. Austin, I have no doubt that next semester you will continue to push yourself to learn more! I have enjoyed your connections from class to your personal goals. Growing up in an agricultural town, I know very successful farmers. But farming takes more than muscle and DRIVE. As you know, it requires intelligent business decisions and a willingness to work with others. I know you will own a beautiful and successful farm. We are blessed to have you growing the food we need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael Pilsitz
    I had problems in the begining of the year also, and learning these things has helped me greatly too

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds just like mines! lol but This class has also helped me create good study habits also! This is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luke Stiffler
    I can relate a lot to this and I slacked off in high school too and I want to suceed in college.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Austin those are great thoughts thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete