Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Antonio Martinez

I am currently studying kinesiology as my major. I want to be a physical education teacher and a personal trainer for my future goals. For this major I need to read a lot of body movement and anatomy books. Some of the reading secrets that I used for my reading were remove distractions, stop when I’m confused and set aside time to read. These reading secrets help me achieve goals in my college career. To guarantee future success I will make sure to flirt my way to keep up good grades. My college goals are to keep up the good work and earn my degree.

Before I started at classes at Penn State York, I never knew about LL ED class and I’m glad my advisor mentioned it to me because it played a big role in my college career. I usually never made time to read because I wasn’t a big fan of reading and always had problems with procrastinating. Knowing how not setting aside time to read and all of the procrastination gave me stress, I knew I had to try something new to improve these bad habits. All of the strategies I learned in class really helped me grow as a more mature reader.

I figured out radical routines for myself to establish a change in my college career. These included getting the proper amount of sleep, studying for two hours and not leaving everything for the last minute. Removing distractions also play a big role in my college career because I got my homework done on time, focused on my studying and noticed a large change in my grades. Working with groups of people in class motivated me to study hard and flirt my way to an A.

For my second semester at Penn State York, I will make sure that I absorbed everything I learned from this class and reuse it throughout my college career. I will make sure to always remain focused and keep improving my work and grades to become a better and more mature reader and student. To guarantee even better results on my grades and in my studying, I’ll make sure to highlight important information, draw pictures when needed, and use post it notes to mark important points.

1 comment:

  1. Tony, you were always willing to go above and beyond but your body paid the price by lack of sleep. I am glad to hear you are able to set aside time to sleep and time to study. Since, "working with groups of people in class motivated" you to study, make sure you start next semester by joining study groups. You will be able to use these reading secrets to help others find a balance between work and play. Any school will be fortunate to have you on their staff as a physical education teacher.

    ReplyDelete