Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Genesis A. Guzman

While I was in high school I use to find school very challenging because I didn’t understand the material teachers would teach. So I would do fine on my class assignments, homework, and any team work we would have to do. But once it got to the test portion I would always fail because I never really knew the material. So I would barely pass my classes. If I would have had the Reading Secret Formula back in those days’ things would have been so much easier for me.

Removing distractions is secret formula #1 you do this by surrounding yourself in a quiet environment. Secret formula #2 is Setting A Purpose to learn, to evaluate, for entertainment, and know the reason why you're reading before you begin. Adjusting Our Own Pace would be our Secret Formula #3 we must pace ourselves with the movement of the text. Secret Formula #4 to me is very important Taking Notes “The secret to remember what you read is writing down thoughts in your mind” (Flirt your way to an A+ {Pg.10}). Secret Formula #5 Stop When You’re Confused, looks at the surrounding words, images, asks someone, look in the internet. But always stop if you’re confused and try to figure it out, or ask someone for help. Last and final Secret Formula #6 Set Aside Time To Read without this one all of the other ones are pointless, there’s not much to explain. Always try to find time to read!

In a couple years my plan is to graduate college as a Lawyer. Therefore Reading and Writing will be every important for me, the more I work on my reading and different strategies the better. The Reading Secrets will come in very handy for me, definitely something I will keep handy always. I will need to work on removing distraction, one that I am having a lot of issues with. Also I must take notes because I can’t afford to go back to every document, essay, theses, or book I read. I must continue working on all of them but these I will have to say are my major ones. To guarantee my future success, I must make sure to stay focus, use all the helpful tips you have given us in every one of my classes. For example Flirt and Drive these will definitely be around doing my future student and professional days.

Flirt and the reading secrets began to be a big deal outside the LLED class when I started using it in my Psychology class. I had a huge assignment to do on a 10 page essay I had to read and summarize. That was the first time I used the reading secrets and I was so glad that was the first lesson, for me it came in perfect timing. Also I had a lot of issues in math. It has never been one of my favorite subjects, but once I began flirting with it and looking at the ways around it I started to understand the concepts. Now I even enjoy it, the more I flirt with my work the more I understand it and the more I did on my assignments. Now I am so positive about all I can do and how I can use my new strategies on my future.

After this semester I have began to read more and not only reading because I have to but also individually, willingly reading. While I read I am talking to the text, making images in my head, and connecting things together. Now I am more determine about removing my distractions so it’s actually working for me, I still need to work on it more doe. Using all these new tactics have helped me be more motivated and positive about everything I do. Also I have been getting better grades, and my memory has improved a lot.

I will be starting next semester more positive and ready about everything new that will be coming at me. I feel more prepare for bigger essays, future reading and writing assignments.

3 comments:

  1. Im supposed to be taking phychology next semester so maybe your example can help me pass the class with the grade that I actually want. Happy Reading! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good For You ! You will be A Succesfull Lawyer one day and if im in court im calling you ! lol but seriously, glad all this worked out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine Lewiws

    Positive addituted gives positive resaults!! You have choicen a hard major to uphold. it sounds like you will be using all the reading secrets to help you get through your college career. good luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete