Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Megan Sylvester

I want to be in the film and television industry. I know
that being in this industry I will have to read a lot of scripts and contracts,
therefore I know I will have to practice the Reading Secrets. I will need to use
Reading Secret #1 Remove Distractions, #5 Stop When You’re Confused and #6 Set
Aside Time To Read. My college goal is to graduate with a bachelor in Film/TV
from Penn State Main. In order for that to come true I will have to be more
responsible and set aside more time for school work.

I critical moment that caused me to change was when I was in
middle school and I found out I had a reading problem. I was in the lowest
academic class for every subject and my friends made it worse. They didn’t help
or support me and I put off all my school work. I decided a month later to
enroll in home schooling right away, so I could focus on my weaknesses. It
helped me a lot, because I wasn’t insecure to learn more.

I want to be in the film and television industry. I know
that being in this industry I will have to read a lot of scripts and contracts,
therefore I know I will have to practice the Reading Secrets. I will need to
use Reading Secret #1 Remove Distractions, #5 Stop When You’re Confused and #6
Set Aside Time To Read. My college goal is to graduate with a bachelor in
Film/TV from Penn State Main. In order for that to come true I will have to be
more responsible and set aside more time for school work.

I established small change in the beginning and used my
Reading Secrets to help myself work better on my assignments. I noticed that it
was easier for me to focus and to accomplish more. The only thing I haven’t
mastered is to remove distractions. It was really easy to memorize information
on my tests when I would draw pictures and use 3x5 cards, so now I use them to
help myself in all my classes.

If I could do this class over I would write when all my
assignments are due, so everything would always be done on time. I defiantly
would push myself more to attend class and if I miss to email more, so that I
can keep up with the work. I know that I can’t succeed without applying
everything I learned from this course to all my other courses in the future, so
I will keep practicing.

2 comments:

  1. That's a good way of thinking. No more facebook or cellphone breaks :)!
    Jymlise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem when I was young to. I had to get extra help outside of the classroom. It is great to see that no matter what anyone else said, you still pushed forward and you are now on your way to success!

    ReplyDelete