Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Shane Solomon

My biggest flaw to my school work was hands down reading. I had a very hard time while reading: I would be very distracted,and I couldn’t concentrate/ comprehend my reading. I never read any of my assignments, and I would always use spark
notes or something along those lines, which ended up backfiring on me. I struggled with my placement tests, and SAT’s, hence the reason
why I am in LLED.

I want to come out of college with a business degree with a sport minor, which will
allow me to be an athletic director. Therefore,
I will have to do vast amount of reading. I will be dealing with emails, letters, eligibility forms, and physical forms. As a result to this, I will need to remove distractions, set a purpose, and set aside time to read to have success. To guarantee future success, I will make sure to never procrastinate,
and make sure I am always using FLIRT, DRIVE, and RELAX.

There was a huge change with the way I was reading thanks to LLED. College hit me hard at first when I didn’t do well on my first paper. When I wrote it I was with friends,which obviously made me distracted. This hurt my grade so I started to really listen to all of the different tips I was learning. I needed to remove my distractions, and make a radical routine, this allowed me to have time for my assignments and have time with my friends. Ever since I made a radical routine,
I have had a lot of success, which allowed me to get really good grades in all
of my classes. I have been more motivated to do better work, which allows me to be much focused.

Overall,this class has helped me so much. Next semester I will start out the right way, by following what Mrs. Wise has taught me. She has made my reading experience so
much more useful. I have gained stamina while I read which really helps with big assignments. I have gained so much out of this class, and I will use these tips for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Shane, wow! You have made huge gains this year all because you were willing to get more organized. Remember this experience because many of the students you will work with as an athletic director will need to learn how to use the Radical Routine! I think everything happens for a reason. If you wouldn't have done poorly on your SAT's, we would never have met and you wouldn't have learned about the Radical Routine. Now is your chance to go out and help others be the best they can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. before this class i was spending all my time at the gym working out and other things instead of going to do school work which was affecting my grade. Once i started using the methods we learned in class i found a way to do both.

    ReplyDelete