Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Nick Snellbaker

The career I would like to pursue for my future is sports management. Growing up and now I am very involved in sports, so I figured this was the right career for me. Some reading that will be required for this field is definitely e-mails, newspapers, sports articles, and interviews. The reading secret I will definitely need to use is removing distractions. I get distracted very easily so I need to work hard to remove them.

My college goal is to graduate with a sports management degree and to finish with a high grade point average. It is very important for me to get good grades because all that matter to me right now is my future and the money income I bring in. Money income matter a big time to me because I want to be able to call myself “successful”. Overall my college goal is to do well so I can be proud of myself for where I will be in the future.

I changed in many ways going from high school to college. I had to learn how to be more independent in college. In high school you get a lot more help and are something I like to call “babied”. College is a huge step up from high school.

Also I had to change my work ethic. My work ethic in high school was laid back and I didn’t have to try much because it was easy. I was in for a rude awakening for college. At first I struggled but I learned that the work load at college is a lot more so I knew I had to change it in order to succeed.

My motivation would probably the scare of failing. I hate failing in everything I do whether it’s basketball, school, or playing a video game. There is nothing in the whole world that makes me more upset than failing. I am all about succeeding and failing and succeeding are complete opposites. You can’t succeed if you fail. So I try to make failing not an option for me.

4 comments:

  1. Nick, I agree with your statement, "I get distracted very easily and I need to work on removing them." You made me work to help you remove them! Remember that FAILURE is only FAILURE if you give up and stop trying to change. When the pressure was on, you always performed well, however you're body is really run down because of this pressure. I hope you can find a time-management system that allows you to do well before projects are due so you can allow yourself time to RELAX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep up the hard work in college and dont fail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with getting babied. College there are more responsibilities and having to make your own choice. Good Luck with your career.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael Pilsitz
    keep overcoming you challenges

    ReplyDelete