Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Jymlise DeArmas

I’m currently studying travel and tourism. You would think it doesn’t involve a lot of reading but it does. Before traveling to different countries I will have to get a lot of background information on them. I will have to read the country’s history. My future college goals are to graduate with good grades. In some of my classes I had slacked off a bit which has lowered a few of my grades. I hope to keep using all of the formulas to stay successful with reading. I want to make sure I keep up all of my good reading habits.

Ever since I have been in school I always hated to read books. I never got enjoyment out of them because I always thought they were very boring. Now since I have taken LLED I have learned how to make reading more enjoyable. I now know how to set a purpose. Being a kinesthetic learner I have to constantly move to concentrate. When I read now I’m never in the same spot, I am constantly moving around. I was always an unorganized student. I could never keep any of my assignments in order and I could never remember what was expected of me. Now I use the radical outine regularly, which has helped me keep all of my classes and assignments in order.

Halfway through the semester I started to be more organized with all of my classes and professors. I learned an easier way that doesn’t take up much of my time. The moment I started to actually enjoy reading was when I found a book I found interest in. Before I was always reading books that didn’t apply to me, which is why I found them so boring. Now I love to read because some of the books actually relate to me.

Next semester I know I will be so much more organized all because of the radical routine. Sticky notes have become my new best friend; they help me remember so much if it is either due dates or when I take notes while I’m reading. When I have a project and it involves a lot of reading I know I’m going to spread it out throughout the week so that not everything is crammed all together on the last night. My studying will also be spread. My radical routine will be put to use every day.

1 comment:

  1. Jymlise,

    First off I think your major is really cool!! Secondly I like how you told us how this class helped your learning style and how it made you grow as a student. Good job (:

    ReplyDelete