Monday, March 12, 2012

Avatars Recreate Reports

If you are my age, you remember hand drawn cartoons. You learned that artists would slowly and patiently draw page after page of pictures with a slight change to create movement in the character or scenery. Now the cartoons are made digitally. This blog explains my journey of unpacking how they make current cartoons and how I can use this technology in my classroom.



One of the first cartoon movies was Mars Needs Moms. Here is the movie as the actors created it:


And here is the video as I saw it in the movie theatre:


In computing, an avatar is the graphical representation of the user or the user's alter ego or character. Creating your own avatar can be fun and allow students to add flare to any boring book report. You can also share avatars and embed them into most social media sites.

Using voki.com I quickly created an avatar to introduce my students how to RELAX after reading.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete