Saturday, February 15, 2014

Dialogic Reflection to #walkmyworld week 5

Reflection to learning event 5 for #walkmyworld project:

When I began my walk, I started an inner dialogue about my connection to the world. I debated over my connection as a mother, researcher, and woman.  However, my connection to the world as a MOTHER was stronger and received the first post:
Legs burning, heart racing, must deny the ball!


We had a full day basketball tournament and I had a goal to create a Vine or Animoto video to document my walk during the day. Time constraints and access to strong Internet connections provided obstacles to the project, so I settled with a picture and a poem about how my daughter felt while playing defense.





Next, I began an exterior dialogue with other researchers. This online dialogue provided multifaceted views of digital texts and poetry. The discussion motivated me to think deeper about my interest in understanding the multimodal composition process. I learned new tools (PoetryGenius) for annotating poetry collaboratively and began making plans to examine the effects multimodal composition can have on student learning and engagement with poetry.
Hey Hass, we can't b blind or disconnected to nature today!



Finally, Greg McVerry's blog post challenged me to have a reflective dialogue about how my walks demonstrated a connection or isolation to the natural world.  My dialogue style shifted to bold shouts in my final post:





This reflection made me realize I shift between mother, researcher, and woman on my daily walks with the natural world. I learned a valuable lesson:  maybe the key to happiness is staying connected to the world that surrounds us in the moment, whether that's our family, our work, or mother nature.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post on the ideas of shifting identities. Maybe it is those with the boldest shouts who do not shift identities but take on different roles that composes who we are in the world.

    ReplyDelete