Monday, April 23, 2012

3 Steps to Lift the Fog of Finals

Do you feel overwhelmed by your finals?
It's easy to give up if you can't see the finish line.

The beginning of an article by Randy Alcom reminds us of the importance of perseverance.In 1952, young Florence Chadwick stepped into the waters of the Pacific Ocean off Catalina Island, determined to swim to the shore of mainland California. She’d already been the first woman to swim the English Channel both ways. The weather was foggy and chilly; she could hardly see the boats accompanying her. Still, she swam for fifteen hours. When she begged to be taken out of the water along the way, her mother, in a boat alongside, told her she was close and that she could make it. Finally, physically and emotionally exhausted, she stopped swimming and was pulled out. It wasn’t until she was on the boat that she discovered the shore was less than half a mile away.

At a news conference the next day she said, “All I could see was the fog.…I think if I could have seen the shore, I would have made it.”

1. Create a vision board and look at it often to remind yourself of your finish line.
2. Don't let little things like your cell phone, facebook, and laziness hold you back. Make a decision to remove distractions and stick to your radical schedule.
3. Get energized before you study by listening to upbeat music, jumping up and down, or taking a quick walk outside.

Your finish line is right around the corner. Start studying today and enjoy the joy that comes with your accomplishments.

1 comment:

  1. I have a vision board that hangs in my office. I made it like a collage, so it has single words, phrases, and pictures that inspire me and remind me who I want to be. Powerful reminder, to be sure.

    ReplyDelete